Today I am sharing with you my visit to Bride and Bustles Boutique to meet the team for their annual bridal accessories evening. This beautiful boutique can be found in The Olde Watermill Shopping Village just off the A6. It is owned and run by Mother and Daughter, Claire and Christine. Once a year they put together this fabulous event and what a lovely way to spend an evening enjoying some champagne and nibbles while shopping for your wedding with some special discounts. Accessory evenings are a fantastic opportunity to see the designer’s whole collection. There was a huge variety of accessories available to try on with something to match everyone’s style of gown. If you are looking for the finishing touch to your wedding dress, then you will definitely find something here!
Here are some top tips when choosing your bridal accessories
- When choosing a headpiece have a think about how you would like your hair first. Some hairstyles only work with a particular style headpiece. Hair vines are very versatile but a tiara looks best with a more symmetrical hairstyle.
- Jewellery should compliment the outfit not be the focus of it, unless you want it to be of course.
- Don’t be afraid to pick something a little different, jewellery is coming in all colours, materials and styles nowadays so don’t be afraid to mix it up a little.
- Try on as many different accessories as you can because they can look very different in the hair. You may be surprised by something you thought you wouldn’t like is actually what you fall in love with!
- Choose one statement piece and keep the other accessories simple
- Get someone to take some photos of the accessory in your hair at different angles
- Choose something that makes you feel yourself